Town of Lapeer
State of New York
County of Cortland
Town of Lapeer
Minutes of the year-end meeting of the Town Board of the Town of Lapeer held at the Town Highway Garage on December 30, 2019
Present: Gary F. Cornell, Supervisor
Lee Brown, Councilman
Karen Fritts, Councilwoman
John Colasanto, Councilman
Ed Butler, Councilman
Cindy McFarland, Clerk/Collector
Arleen Colasanto, Bookkeeper
Other: Duane Eibert, Glenn Fritts
The Meeting Was Called to Order at 7:08 by Gary Cornell.
Arleen requested the following transfers of money:
1. General Account –
A motion was made by Ed Butler and seconded by Lee Brown to move the following money from the General Account:
From A1990.4 (contingency) withdraw $759.00 and place into A1330.4 (tax collector) to cover WLB software maintenance.
From A1990.4 (contingency) withdraw $576.00 and place into:
A3310.4 (Traffic Control), $55.00
A1670.4 (Printing & Mailing), $326.00
A1355.4 (Assessor), $195.00
Resolution #116: BE IT RESOLVED TO authorize Arleen Colasanto to transfer the money within the aforementioned General accounts to correct negative balances. Roll Call vote: John aye, Lee aye, Ed aye, Karen aye. Motion carried.
2. Highway Account –
A motion was made by Ed Butler and seconded by John Colasanto to place the Extreme Winter Relief money of $10,219 into DA3501 (Revenue Account) and increase DA5130.4 (Machinery Contractual) by $10,219. Resolution #117: BE IT RESOLVED TO authorize Arleen Colasanto to transfer the money within the aforementioned Highway accounts. Roll Call vote: Karen aye, Lee aye, John aye, Ed aye. Motion carried.
3. On a motion made by Ed Butler and seconded by Karen Fritts, Resolution #118: BE IT RESOLVED TO authorize Arleen Colasanto as Town Budget Officer (PT) to transfer money from the A1990.4 Contingency Fund to cover minor negative balances. Roll Call vote: Ed aye, Lee aye, Karen aye, John aye. Motion carried.
Vouchers #155 – 158 in the General Fund and #131 - 136 in the Highway Fund and #13 in the Trust & Agency Fund on Abstract #13 for a total amount of $14,986.83 were presented to the Board for auditing and approval. All vouchers were approved and signed. A motion was made by Ed Butler and seconded by Lee Brown to accept the vouchers as true and correct. Resolution #119: BE IT RESOLVED TO pay all vouchers. Roll Call vote: John aye, Lee aye, Ed aye, Karen aye. Motion carried.
- A $100.00 donation to the Osco Robinson Legion was discussed for placement of flags for veterans in the town cemeteries.
- Jean Rightmire, town resident residing on Clarks Corners Road, expressed an interest in the town historian position. The Board approved and will appoint her next meeting.
- A reminder to audit the justice records in February
- On a motion made by Lee Brown and seconded by Ed Butler, Resolution #120: BE IT RESOLVED to increase Patrick McMahon’s pay to $18.50 beginning next pay period. Roll Call vote: Ed aye, Lee aye, Karen aye, John aye. Motion carried.
- Gary brought to the Board’s attention a matter of Patrick’s vacation pay. Patrick has 56 hours of vacation time remaining. According to town policy, he can only carry over 40 hours. Since Patrick was scheduled for 2 days of vacation time but had to work due to snowy weather, and Jamie was not plowing, Patrick was unable to use his time off. On a motion made by John Colasanto and seconded by Ed Butler, Resolution #121: BE IT RESOLVED to make a one-time exception due to extenuating circumstances and allow Patrick to carry over the 16 hours and receive the pay. Roll Call vote: Ed aye, Lee aye, Karen nay, John aye. Motion carried. Both Karen and Glenn Fritts felt Patrick should have taken the time off earlier in the year.
The next meeting of the Lapeer Town Board will be held on Wednesday, January 8, 2020 at 7:00 PM.
A motion was made by Karen Fritts and seconded by John Colasanto to adjourn the meeting. Resolution #122: BE IT RESOLVED, there being no further business, to conclude the meeting at 8:03 PM. Motion carried.
Lapeer Town Clerk